In all other class counties these offices are separate. In Sullivan County there are 5 different offices under the Prothonotary.
Contact Prothonotary, Recorder of Deeds, Clerk of Courts, Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphan's Court
Sullivan County Prothonotary
245 Muncy Street
Laporte, PA 18626
Kellie Carpenter - Prothonotary, Recorder of Deeds, Clerk of Courts, Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphan's Court
Karen Baumunk - First Deputy
Cecily Tubach - Second Deputy
Public Access Policy
Effective January 6, 2018 statewide.
Marriage License Requirements
- If either party was previously married, must have certified copy of most recent Divorce Decree or Death Certificate.
- 3 day waiting period after applying.
- License is valid for 60 days.
- Both parties must have photo I.D.
For new Passport Applications or Passport Renewals, please follow the links below.
- Online United States Passport Application
- Online United States Passport Renewal
- Passport Fees as of 2018
Birth certificates must have raised seal and both parents’ names. If your certificate does not have a raised seal or parents’ names below is the link to apply for a new birth certificate.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 30, 2017 AT 4:00 PM THE STATE JCP FEE WILL INCREASE FROM $35.50 TO $40.25.
Effective January 1, 2018 Clerk of Orphan’s Court, Register of Wills and Prothonotary fee increases.
Our fee listings below have been updated with this new fee increase.
- Prothonotary/Clerk of Court's Fee Schedule
- Clerk of Orphans Court Filing Fee Schedule
- Recorder of Deeds Fee Schedule
- Register of Wills Fee Schedule
Court of Common Pleas ePay/Docket Sheets Portal
Recorder of Deeds Forms
- Mortgage Satisfaction Piece
- Realty Transfer Tax Form
- Custody and Visitation Form
- Divorce Form
- Common Pleas - Civil Cover Sheet
Register of Wills/Clerk of Orphan's Court Forms
Additional forms can be found at The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania website.