The Sullivan County Human Services office coordinates many different programs with other outside agencies which provide direct services to County residents. Through the Human Services Development Fund (HSDF), State funded with an annual allocation, this office contracts with the following agencies to provide the services listed:
- Area Agency on Aging - Home delivered mails, personal care, and home support.
- TREHAB - Local housing assistance caseworker support.
- Sullivan County Victim Services - Victim transportation.
- Sullivan County Dental Clinic - Sliding scale fee payment program support for the under and uninsured.
- Bradford County Branch YMCA - Summer camp discount of $20.00 per 1 child for 1 week.
- The Children's House - Protective services forensic interviews and medical exams.
- State Food Purchase Program (SFPP) – Provides State funded allocation dollars to Sullivan County Food Pantry and Trehab Food Pantry to purchase food for distribution to families in need.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEAFP) – Federal Surplus Food is made available for distribution to families in need through Trehab Food Pantry in conjunction with SFPP.
For more information visit www.agriculture.state.pa.us, click Bureaus, Commissions, Councils & Office tab, then click Bureau of Food Distribution.
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program, a Federal funded assistance program, can provide a one (1) month mortgage or a one (1) month metered utility payment or vendor minimum delivery amount of a non-metered utility (Wood, Oil or Propane if the primary heat source). Sullivan County Households can be assisted once a year through this program while funds are available and on a first come first serve basis.
Contact Human Services
Sullivan County Human Services
245 Muncy Street
P.O. Box 157
Laporte, PA 18626
Mark Roinick - Executive Director & Program Manager