Basic Requirements For Foster Care Application
- Upon request, foster care application will be sent to potential foster parents and must be completed in its entirety.
- Potential foster parents must supply six (6) reference names. Agency will contact the parties by letter and/or phone. All six (6) references must be received by agency and must be positive in nature before any home study takes place.
- Agency personnel will meet with potential foster parents to discuss the application and references. If applicants are deemed inappropriate for a specific reason, they will be notified in writing within ten (10) working days.
- If applicants pass initial screening process, they must obtain Act 33 (ChildLine) and State Police Clearances (applicants expense). Physical exams are also required (applicants expense).
- Acceptable clearance results and physical exam results, will pave the way for actual homestudy to be completed. This will not be a one-time only procedure. Agency staff member will make at least three (3) trips to the potential foster home to assess interaction of family members, discuss agency expectations, and generally get to know the potential foster parents and their families.
- Those foster parents who are approved will be required to sign a discipline policy and agency agreements and will be provided with regulation and/or agency policy information pertinent to the placement of children in their home.
Reporting Child Abuse
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, immediately contact ChildLine at 1-800-932-0313 or Sullivan County Children and Youth Services at 1-570-928-0307.
Mandated reporters may submit reports regarding suspected child abuse electronically to ChildLine at http://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/
Contact Children & Youth
Children and Youth Services
9219 Route 487, Suite D
Dushore, PA 18614
Lisa K. Wilcox - Director
Elaine Collum - Casework Supervisor
Frank Brown - Caseworker
Amanda Hottenstein - Caseworker
Stephanie Hemighaus – Fiscal Administrator
Jane Hottenstein – Secretary