In all other class counties these offices are separate. In Sullivan County there are 5 different offices under the Prothonotary.
Marriage License Requirements
- If either party was divorced, must have certified copy of Divorce Decree.
- 3 day waiting period after applying.
- License is good for 60 days.
- Must have photo I.D.
According to Act 28 of 2014, starting July 1, 2014, the cost of each certified copy of the birth certificate will increase from $10.00 to $20.00. The additional $10 will be used by the Department of Public Welfare to help fund and provide for children’s advocacy centers as well as child abuse prevention training.
The last day to obtain certificates at $10 (excluding processing and delivery fee) is June 30, 2014.
Mailed in applications must be postmarked by June 30, 2014 to qualify at the $10.00 fee. Applications received with a post mark after June 30, 2014 and without the proper fee will be returned unprocessed.
First copies for new births will still be offered free of charge and fees may be waived for individuals who served or are currently serving in the Armed Forces or their dependent.
Below you can print the application form for a new U.S. Passport or to renew your U.S. Passport.
If you would like to fill out the U.S. Passport or the U.S. Passport Renewal forms online and then print the completed form, please follow the links below.
For more information on U.S. Passports, please see United States Passports & International Travel.
- Prothonotary – Fee Schedule – 2015
- Clerk of Orphans Court Filing Fees – 2014
- Recorder Fees 2014
- Register of Wills Fees – 2014
- Mortgage Satisfaction Piece
- Realty Transfer Tax Form
- Custody and Visitation Form
- Divorce Form
- Common Pleas – Civil Cover Sheet
- Petition for Probate and Grant of Letters
Contacting Prothonotary & Recorder of Deeds
Sullivan County Prothonotary
245 Muncy Street
P.O. Box 157
Laporte, PA 18626
- Kellie Carpenter – Prothonotary, Recorder, Register of Wills, Clerk of Courts & Clerk of Orphans Court.
- Karen Baumunk – First Deputy Prothonotary
- Cecily Tubach – Second Deputy Prothonotary