Geographic Information Systems, also known as GIS, is a technology that is able to save, analyze, and display geographically referenced information. It works by recording the location of a feature on the surface of the earth and linking its location to information that further describes the feature. GIS is a powerful tool that aids in decision making, and can be used to perform a variety of tasks that include data analysis, tracking patterns, and maintaining accurate records.
Sullivan County Maps
- Sullivan County Map – Includes roads, streams, schools, State Parks, State Forest, State Game Lands, and other community parks.
- Sullivan County Fishing Map
- Sullivan County Road Construction Map
Natural Gas Resources
- Natural Gas Development – August 2016
- Natural Gas Activity – August 2016
- Natural Gas Progression – 2009 to 2012
- Top 7 Producing Gas Wells – March 2013
GIS Data & Resources
Sullivan County has a 36” plotter that is used to produce detailed paper maps upon request. We also maintain several digital data layers that are available for purchase.
Open the Mapping and GIS Fees Schedule for additional information about data pricing and mapping services.
Free GIS Data
- Bedrock geology.
- Links to USGS and PASDA data.
- Shapefiles from a variety of different themes and data providers.
- Shapefiles of municipal boundaries.
- Data on population, income, housing, employment, etc.
Contacting GIS Mapping
Sullivan County Planning & Development Office
245 Muncy Street, Suite 110
P.O. Box 157
Laporte, PA 18626